CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day is not a big deal to me. Growing up, it was simply a day of panic if you forgot and arrived at school without wearing green. It was also the source of one of my most embarrassing moments, when I pinched a girl on the butt and she was loudly offended. For some reason, it didn't occur to me that you could pinch someone on the arm and it would mean the same thing. Lesson learned.

But you know how certain traditions have a way of sneaking up on you? I've discovered we have a family tradition that I didn't even know was a family tradition. I can't remember when I started it, or worse, when the kids started to expect it. In any case, it is rather simple and easy to do, so I'm on board now.

We eat Green Eggs and Ham for dinner. I (or this year, Ana) chop up ham, and heat it up in a pan. I mix eggs with green dye, then pour them in the pan with the ham and scramble them. The ham soaks up some of the green dye, and voila -- green eggs and ham.

Sorry I don't have pix. Let's just say it tastes better than it looks. And, now that I'm embracing the tradition, I've bought some shamrock paper plates that were on sale at Walmart for next year.

1 comments:

Danya said...

But now I'm so curious how they look! LOL! I've always wanted to try green eggs and ham. OOOOooo maybe I can make BLUE eggs and ham!!! Or purple!!! Or rainbow colored!!!! (I'm getting carried away aren't I? LOL)



~ Danya
lyndadoption.blogspot.com