CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Quick Update

Sheesh, it's been awhile since I've posted! Things are busy (no news there!) and I haven't been feeling great lately. So, here's a recap:

Kyara and Romney started swim. They have their first meet tomorrow. Romney likes it because it helps him with water polo. Kyara likes it because it keeps her in shape and gives her a killer tan. I like it because it wears them out and helps them get to sleep at a normal people time.

Gabe, as you know, is in cub scouts. Since there are only two boys in his group, the leaders let Gavin come with him. Gavin thinks this is fantastic! Gabe likes having Gavin there, too. Last week was the Blue and Gold dinner. They had a cake decorating contest. Gabriel got first place for most creative; Gavin got second place for scout spirit. Now, before you turn your nose up, let me tell you, this was not one of those contests where every boy got an award! There were only the two categories, with a first and second place for each. Gabe and Gavin were thrilled that they beat ______ (fill in the blank with all the other boys' names). They told everyone about their awards. I had to remind them that it is not polite to brag.

The biz picked up considerably in February! Although, as is par for the course, as soon as we started to get really excited, things cooled off a little bit. I am becoming a star salesperson. I'm a better closer than the guys Rom has come in to cover periodically -- you know, the ones who have been selling for 15+ years. Rom gets excited and buys me dinner. He also gives me spiffs from time to time -- a little fun money just for me! (OK, I do have complete control over all the finances and can just TAKE a little fun money whenever I want to -- but it is more exciting this way!)

Johnette and Ana are fabulous, but haven't done anything new and exciting lately. Imagine that -- I teen and pre-teen without drama? I will enjoy it while I can.

I have been working hard on my CFS website. It is coming along nicely, and I'm very proud of it. Just so you know, the lifestyle tips are great for anyone, even if you don't have CFS. Also, my inspirational quotes are for anyone, too.

I have started a novel. I am being very secretive about it, though, because I don't want it leaked on the internet like Stephanie Myers' book was. I'm protecting my intellectual property rights. Anneli is counting on it to make us millionaires and allow us to finally buy a pool. Don't fret -- you will all get signed copies when it is published.

3 comments:

SG said...

Shelli, I'm so happy for an update. I thought my computer was broken because it never showed anything new for you. I just about e-mailed you this morning to see what was up and why I couldn't see all the new stuff but now I get it. Life does get busy that's for sure.

I'm so glad the kiddos are all doing wonderfully!!! And a novel??? Hello! AWESOME!!! I'm so excited for you.

We miss you guys!

Juli said...

WOW! I'm exhausted reading all that is going on. No wonder you are so tired! FINALLY, writing a book!!! I am so excited for you. I love you! Let the boys brag a little! How often does that happen?! Good job!

Will you be able to cone to the wedding? Ali is excited to see Johnette. :)

Lynda said...

Congrats on your CFS Web Site and your new novel. It's amazing to me that these kinds of diseases are out there and no one has one place to go to find out information. I was flabergasted when I started menopause and there just wasn't any information available. My generation has certainly changed that! It's a wonderful thing you're doing, not only (I expect) for yourself, but for others. I find it helps me understand things when I have to communicate them to others.
I've been horrible about reading and writing on the web sites, so I do understand than one needs to catch people up every so often.
Take care! Love you!