CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Child Safety

Romney Jr. and I were driving in the car today. As I approached a light, it suddenly turned yellow, prompting me to hit the brakes a little more suddenly than I normally do. Instinctively, I threw my arm out in front of him.

"Mom, why do you do that?" he asked. "You do that all the time. It's weird." I then explained to him that back when I was growing up, we didn't have seat belts -- this was how a mom protected her children. "Very effective, don't you think?"

We had a good laugh together. "Thanks for the history lesson, Mom." Dang, I feel old!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL, i don't know if it's history. I do that myself and it doesn't matter if it isn't a child. If you sit next to me while I drive and I have to stop suddenly my hand is going to shoot out to protect you (i've done it with my step mother-in-law). I think its just a mother's instinct.

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

I do it with my purse all the time :) I think it just has to do with being a mom :)

Danya said...

I don't think it has anything to do with being a mom. It's just instinct. Haven't you ever seen that Seinfield episode? LOL Anyways I do the same, especially if it's my little sister.

Ginger said...

You must admit, it is very effective. It also allows you to cram more people into the car.