CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Johnette's First Dance!

Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but my sweet Johni turned 14 on the second of this month! We didn't do anything spectacular for her birthday -- just cake and ice cream, and she got Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins as a gift. The real initiation as a 14 year old came last night.

Johnette looked so cute for her first dance! She has such a flair for fashion. She went with some of the girls from the ward. Dances are so strange now days. The girls all stand in a big circle and dance together. Johnette felt kind of shy, but they were sweet about encouraging her to join in. I guess the boys kind of dance to themselves, too, on the fast songs and then zero in on the girls for the slow ones.

Johnette was asked to dance by two boys! Not bad for your first stake dance, I'd say. The great fear of these dances is that no one will ask you to dance. I can't wait for her to get more confidence, lose the shyness, and really start having fun! She is such a hoot, and I know the guys will be lining up for her.

Next dance, I'm insisting that Romney go with her. They can help each other get over the awkwardness. I'll have to take pictures next time!

4 comments:

Danya said...

Hahahahahaha! Sounds so fun! She's going to ahve a lot of good memories from these dances!!!

Lynda said...

Good job and happy birthday to Johnette!

Juli said...

How fun! They grow up so fast. Isn't it fun talking to them when they get home?! I love it.

Unknown said...

I hope you mean taking pictures BEFORE they leave, not at the dance! They will die if you come to the dance and take pictures.