CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pay Off!

Rom and I give our children a cash incentive to do well at school. The rule is $20 if you make honor roll in elementary school, $20 if you have at least 3.0 with no more than one C, and $50 if you hit the almighty 4.0. We've been lucky; so far, we'd only had to pay the $50 once, Kyara's freshman year in high school. Well, Johnette has finally broken the streak. She got a 4.0 on her report card. It was too funny -- she showed it to me and said, "Look, Mom, I only got one 'bad' grade!" She had one A; the rest were A+. My husband cheerfully paid her $50.

It looks like this is going to be a bad year for us. Anneli missed the $50 by just one B, and she is determined to get straight A's this semester. Gabriel is likely to get honor roll this year. Romney is improving in his new school and could be a contender again. Gavin, thankfully, is too young for honor roll. I think we better pray the business does well this year!

Bragging? You bet I am!

3 comments:

SG said...

Shelli, that is AWESOME!! You HAVE to brag cuz man, it takes hard work to pull those grades. So brag on girlie! Congrats to your kids.

Robyn said...

I agree. You gotta brag! That's awesome about the great grades.

Ginger said...

How wonderful. I am so proud of them. Looks like its going to be a great year.