CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 26, 2009

Our Anniversary Excursion

(Yes, I am WAY behind!)

Rom and I enjoyed a fantastic three-night weekend in downtown San Diego for our 20th anniversary. It was so much fun! When we arrived at the hotel, they didn't have any more rooms available in our price range, so they had to upgrade us! That let us have the free breakfast every morning, and it was really very delicious.

We took it super easy -- no plans, no schedules, no obligations, no responsibilities. We'd go walking along the harbor, looking at boats and the art down there. We saw a cute little seal playing with his food. He had to dive under a number of times because the sea gulls were trying to steal it. We found a cute little art shop. We ate French pastries every day :). We ate at nice restaurants every night. We stopped at a bookstore our first day, so I had something to read in the afternoons.

You know? I really like my husband! Overall, it was just the best getaway, and I think we'll have to do it again next year!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Our Anniversary Excursio
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

kristifritzel said...

How fun! But, you didn't show your hotel or room or any pics of you!

DANI KYNASTON said...

How delightful! I am jealous. What a great way to celebrate - just being alone. Brent and I love to just have the two of us and the quiet. It is heaven. I am so glad that you guys had such a wonderful time. And I agree, you should do it again next year.

Lynda said...

Congratulations! 20 years and still in love is a great feat. Looks like you had a great time. It's wonderful to get away as a cople and enjoy each other.
I love the sculpture, but the military vehicle looks like the one we had when Cathy was a baby. Took me waaaaay back!

Vidal's Nest said...

OK rom, it's official...You outdid yourself! Now I need to show this to Tony...
Umm Shelli, I knew you had a csf blog, but what the heck! I didn't know you have a cooking blog. What is it (the address?)