CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

52 Weeks Blessing

Today I am grateful that my husband of almost 20 years still brings me flowers for no good reason except he loves me!

On our very first date, Rom brought me a dozen big, bright red gladiolas. Now, it's not unusual to give flowers on the first date. But it impressed me that he didn't go conservative. No daisies or wildflowers; no cliche roses. He went with big, bold, bright red gladiolas! I thought, "This guy has balls!" (Yes, I was that crude back then.)

It was certainly a portent of things to come. Rom has never been cliche or boring, nor has our marriage and continuing whirlwind romance. He still knows how to wow me and sweep me off my feet. And I'm still loving the gorgeous bouquets of flowers that he brings home to me just because.

3 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

I give tony a hard time for not getting me flowers any more! Way to go rom! maybe you could school tony a little here!
I love the sunflowers in your arrangement!

Ginger said...

Yes, I agree Rom is never boring! Love the flowers.

DANI KYNASTON said...

Beautiful flowers. There is something so wonderful about being spoiled like that. I love to get nice little unexpected things.