CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

52 Weeks Blessing

This is kind of a funny blessing. We like to open our windows up at night to cool the house. Then, in the morning, we go through and shut the house up again to keep it as cool as possible during the day.

Well, typically, I'm the last one to come downstairs in the morning, after everyone else has taken off for work and school. It used to annoy me that no one bothers to close the windows, but they leave it for me to take care.

Except, today, as I came in, I noticed that fresh sunshine smell in my kitchen. You know, the one that makes line-dried laundry smell so fantastic. There's not an air freshener in the world that can make a room smell better ... especially the kitchen! So, I decided this morning that I'm grateful everyone leaves the windows open until I take care of it, because my kitchen smells nicer and I actually get to enjoy it!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

don't you love that smell?? so do i. when josh does that i come down stairs and it smells better than the pot of coffee

DANI KYNASTON said...

It has just started getting cool enough here to open windows at night. I love the smell, like we have aired out our musty old house. It is so nice and refreshing.

Vidal's Nest said...

I love that smell too! Amanda was saying on her blog how she loves the smell of fall. I jsut wish there was a good smell around here other than hot asphault!