CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ME/CFS Awareness: My Symptoms

CFS is a whole body rebellion! It affects the nervous system, the immune system, hormones, the circulatory system, muscles, and the gastro-intestinal system. However, every person experiences CFS differently. So, without further ado, here are my personal symptoms:

My Symptoms:

Fatigue (duh!)
Cognitive dysfunction
Impaired memory
Difficulty with word finding
Word switching (always humorous)
Post-exertional malaise (but usually not severe)
Unrefreshing sleep
Insomnia
Headaches, sometimes migraines that last days
Sore throat, but only when I've overdone it
Night sweats
Sensitivity to light
Sensitivity to sound
Sensitivity to cold
Eye spasms (blepharospasm or myoclonus)
Tinnitus (ringing ears)
Orthostatic intolerance
Dizziness
Fainting
Jaw pain (TMJ)
Weight gain
Muscle soreness when I wake up
Anxiety

My worst symptoms are the fatigue (again, duh!), cognitive dysfunction, and the ever-embarrassing eye spasms! The rest of it is annoying and bearable.

Tomorrow, I will explain Fatigue and "The Crash."

0 comments: