CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Makin' Him Proud!

Go, Shel-li! Go, Shel-li! (me doing the Cabbage Patch) Go, Shel-li!

Yesterday, I covered the store to let Rom have a much needed day off. We chose Thursday because it is typically our slowest day of the week, so it would be pretty relaxing for me. Um, NO! I had much more traffic than we've had of late (very good news!) My first sale was in the morning -- a cheap, full size mattress for a bunkbed. No problem, easy sale. Sadly, it came right back an hour later, as she discovered she needed a futon mattress for the bottom bunk. Oh, well -- good customer service, and she promised to tell everyone about us.

My second sale was just before she got back. They had seen an ad a couple of weeks ago. I honored the price, sold them a mid-range mattress, and they were happy.

I was starting to wane by about 4 pm. Typically, nothing ever happens after 4 pm, so normally that would have been OK. However, I apparently am a customer magnet. I got another customer at about 5 pm. They chose a latex bed, a little more expensive than my last sale. I even sold them a mattress pad to boot (that's called "upgrading" and "add-on sales" in salesman lingo). While they were there, another customer came in. They had a good look at beds, but the wife said she had to check with her husband to find out how much she could spend (good sign, eh?).

Finally, the crazy lady Rom had been helping two days ago came back, and I finished the sale with her.

That's right -- four sales in one day! By moi, the clueless, inexperienced mattress lady! Rom was so proud -- he said he finds that as sexy as I find him when he's doing manly home projects around the house. He took me out to dinner at Chili's to celebrate, and of course -- we finished with their fantastic Chocolate Molten Cake, my all time favorite.

Go, Shel-li! Go, Shel-li!

5 comments:

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

Go Shelli! Go Shelli! That is awesome! Sounds like you are a great good luck charm. Congrats on all the sales! Now I am craving Molten Lava cake :)

Ginger said...

Fantastic! Rom should leave you there more often. Way to go Shelli!

Vidal's Nest said...

WooHoo! It's your good looks combined with your mad skillz I am sure!
I've never had the lava cake. Maybe I'll have to go tonight!

Danya said...

GURL U ROCK!!!!!!

We're gunna be seeing you on the cover of Forbes magazine soon!

DANI KYNASTON said...

Good job! If you keep this up, Rom is going to have to take a few more days off. How fun!