CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

See Johni Run. See Ana Run.


Ha! You don't actually get to "see" them run, because I suck at taking pictures of people moving!

Johnette and Anneli are both on the cross country team! This was their first actual meet. They both did amazingly well -- they trimmed at least a couple minutes off their personal best. I was very proud that they did not stop to walk at all!

Cross country is such a tough sport! Several of Johnette's friends tried to talk her out of it, but she is such a tough cookie. A couple of friends tried out with her, but they dropped out less than half way through the run. I guess they didn't see the fun in that kind of torture! I love that the girls are learning discipline. They're also developing a sense of teamwork -- after their race, they could have gone home, but they wanted to stay to cheer on their other teammates.

Congratulations, Johni and Ana!

5 comments:

Jim Proffitt said...

Have them talk to uncle Jim and aunt Dani. It was brutal for them but a great sense of accomplishment.
Proud of those girls!!

The Grandpa

Vidal's Nest said...

Good for them! It looks difficult but I think it is cool that they are doing it!Way to go girls!

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

That is so great! Cross Country is brutal. They are going to be in such great shape.! Congrats to the the both of you!

DANI KYNASTON said...

Cross Country is a great sport! Tell them I am proud of them. It is not for the weak. ;-) I loved it and it taught me a lot of valuable lessons. I still love to run ...if only my knees did too!

SG said...

You girls are awesome! How cool that they found something they love. I run and want to die. Guess I should work more on that. :-)