CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Best Christmas Party Ever!

Our ward Christmas party was the best I'd ever been to. First, Santa had already come the week before to his own special activity, so there were no Santa distractions. Second, it was held early on a Tuesday night, so it didn't tie up my entire week-end. Third, the food was delicious! Fourth, it was so simple! The decorations were tasteful and elegant but not overboard. The entertainment was so nice -- we had the choral group from Hemet High School perform a capella, which was beautiful. Then, we had the best nativity ever! The curtains opened to a simple scene of the children already posed on stage. No coming and going and goofing off to distract anyone. Bro. Huff then read the Christmas story from the Bible. The children sang a couple of songs, and that was it! It was very moving, I thought. We had excellent attendance -- I think someone estimated it at over 120 people. There was a moment when I looked out over the sea of faces and realized how many of these people were special to me. I know I've said it before, but it's worth mentioning again -- this is the first time I've ever felt a part of a ward "family."

Click to play True Meaning of Christma
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

sherry said...

It looks lovely. It is so nice for kids to feel part of a ward family.

Ginger said...

It looks like a great party. I love the idea of a week day instead of the weekend.

Vidal's Nest said...

What a fun party. I love that feeling when you have a ward you love

SG said...

Dang it, I MISS that Ward family and the kids felt really ripped off that they weren't there to participate! Thankfully we'll be home in 2 short days! YAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!