CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cookies!

Click to play Cookies!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


This is one of my favorite family traditions. Each year, I make a bazillion cookies (26 dozen this year, plus a few dozen for ourselves!). We then deliver to everyone on our street, plus a few friends from the ward. Of course, we wear our antlers and carol as we deliver. Actually, the caroling has devolved into just one verse of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." Our neighbors love it and look forward to it. In fact, we usually do this the first week-end in December, but it got pushed back a week. Some of the neighbors were getting a little nervous! Afraid we weren't going to do it this year! They were happy and relieved when our family showed up!

Unfortunately, all that cooking wiped me out this year, so I didn't get very good pictures. Nothing like Lauri's fabulous cookie exchange! She really raised the bar, didn't she? Anneli, bless her heart, was my biggest helper. She stuck with it through to the end. I also missed the best part -- the deliveries!

I decided I'm going to have to do more delegating if I'm going to survive this next year. I'll do my chocolate caramels and prepare the sugar cookie dough, but I'll have to let the teenagers be in charge of the specialty cookies and getting everyone to pinch in for the sugar cookies.

6 comments:

kristifritzel said...

An idea for next year.... If you freeze your cookies the second they are cooled down, they will still taste fresh baked. But, don't leave them in the freezer for more than a month. Might be easier taking a month rather than one or two days.

DANI KYNASTON said...

How fun for you guys! I love cookies. I can't believe you did all that work with cfs. I am too lazy this year to even try! It sounds like a great family tradition.

Ginger said...

I can almost smell them baking. Turn the kids loose on them. They will be perfect. Next year I'm going to start in November with my baking. I might have to buy a freezer.

Ginger said...

I can almost smell them baking. Turn the kids loose on them. They will be perfect. Next year I'm going to start in November with my baking. I might have to buy a freezer.

Vidal's Nest said...

kristi is right, you can freeze them. I start a month in advance!
They look yummy!

Danya said...

Wow that is some dedication! I could never make that many cookies! I'd just buy them but that's because I'm not as awesome as you!