CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Tag


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real! It's not Christmas without that real pine smell.

3. When do you put up the tree? About a week before Christmas. We try to wait until they start to go on sale.

4. When do you take the tree down? I shoot for December 31st, when we have our New Year's party.

5. Do you like eggnog? In small doses.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? 1970 semi-classic Ford Mustang with a 351 Cleveland kick-a** engine! (By the way, never do this for your teen!)

7. Hardest person to buy for? Rom. If there's something he wants, he usually goes out and gets it himself. I have very rarely surprised him!

8. Easiest person to buy for? My boys. Can't have too much Star Wars and video games!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes! I have a gorgeous collector's set I pieced together from Home Interiors. It is my favorite decoration in the whole house. I also have a couple of cute mini nativities from my friend Lisa.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither! Christmas cards were the first to fall off the list of Christmasy things I can't fit into my overwhelming life.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Poor Rom -- I have to admit it was our first Christmas together. He bought me several CDs, put them all in one big box, and wrapped it. That was it. One gift to open Christmas day! It was awful. He has redeemed himself a million times since!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's A Wonderful Life. I discovered this as a married adult, and I have loved it since. It never gets old for me.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Christmas. I love to hit the best bargains! It's especially great for next year's Christmas jammies.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I don't think so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All the goodies our friends bring to the house! Hence, dieting must wait until the new year.

16. Colored or Clear Lights? Colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? Eisley's "The Winter Song." (See my blog's playlist.)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home!!!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Most of them.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel -- we got a Christmas tree skirt and matching angel topper as a wedding gift. It's been our tradition since.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Half and half.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rude shoppers on black Friday.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Wooden ornaments.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Mom's famous cheesecake!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I don't think my husband realizes he has gotten me this already, but I want a digital camcorder.

26. White or Warm Christmas? Warm. I hate the cold, no matter how pretty it is.

27. Favorite thing about Christmas? The lights. Our neighborhood has a few fantastic displays.

28. Favorite Christmas Tradition? I bake a bazillion cookies. We take a plate to every neighbor on our street and wear our reindeer antlers and sing carols for them. We also take a plate to our bishop, home/visiting teaching people, and a few friends from the ward (sorry, Shandee -- we'll miss you this year!).

29. Favorite Christmas Location? Home.

30. Who do you tag? I will stick to the one sister rule. Danyelle, Danya, Shandee, Katie, and Aunt Lynda

4 comments:

sherry said...

I just have to say, you have my vote for coolest Christmas music. We are kind of Jimmy Eat World junkies. (I went to Jr. High and HS with Jim and Zach) And I LOVE a good Killers concert. I 've been to a Bare Naked Ladies concert too. I usually just hurry to turn off the music on people's blogs, but yours caught my attention. I loved the Christmas Song by the Raveonette's. Where did you find it?

SG said...

Bummer, you know me too well! I was reading that and remembered how good those little treats are EVERY SINGLE YEAR and then I remembered that I don't live there anymore. What a Christmas rip-off!

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

It is nice to hear that someone else loves REAL Christmas trees! It is just not Christmas without the Christmas tree smell. I cannot wait to get ours up!

Danya said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I like this one! I'm going to re-post it on my blog! Thanx Shell!