CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Book Review: The Last Lecture

First of all, before I get to the Last Lecture, let me just say that "Pastwatch" was not very well received in my book club! Few people could find it, so not everyone read it. Out of the women who did, only Nikki really liked it. Robyn was trying to be diplomatic, but I got the impression she didn't much like it, either. Oh, well! I must have particularly strange taste.

"The Last Lecture," on the other hand, was a big hit. The author, Randy Pausch, is diagnosed with terminal cancer and only given a few months to live. He decides to give his last academic lecture and share what he has learned from life as a legacy to his three small children. From that experience, he then compiled this book, "The Last Lecture."

There is so much good stuff in this book! He told how he was able to accomplish his childhood dreams. He put people and relationships before things. He says brick walls are for people who don't want something badly enough -- and that brick walls are there for you to discover how badly you want something. He talked about the people who care enough about him to let him know when he's screwing up. He said that when people stop correcting you, it means they've given up on you. All told with a nice dose of humor.

I would definitely recommend this book.

1 comments:

Juli said...

I have seen this guy on talk shows. He is amazing! I LOVE this book! It is so encouraging to anyone who is struggling. I recommend this book to everyone. It's one you can read again and again and find something new every time.