CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Checking In

Why is that little (or not so little) number on the scales so important? It doesn't matter if we're looking better, feeling sexier, losing inches, or able to exercise more. For some reason, we need that number to validate us and tell us we're succeeding.

So, I lost three pounds this week! Yay! That's in spite of Kyara's most delicious homemade lasagna in the world! I splurged three days in a row. Fantastic. I also ate a good chunk of chocolate last night before Rom told me it was 330 calories -- per section!!! I also lost 1/2" overall, my percentage of body fat went down almost 2%, and I feel good. But all that pales before the almighty scales. Yes, it was a good week.

Here's my menu for the upcoming week: Tomato and Basil Flatbread Pizza, Crockpot Pineapple Chicken (because it was sooo delicious, and I want more!!!), Lentil Salad, Cajun some kind of fish (no recipe here -- I just coat with seasonings and grill on my Foreman grill), and Almond Beef Hawaiian (I'm going to try to conquer my fear of beef here).

I'm still looking for good, healthy, EASY recipes! Leave a comment or submit on my website.

How are the rest of you doing with those New Year's goals? Any progress? Need some love? I'm always willing to cheer you on!

1 comments:

DANI KYNASTON said...

Crazy, huh? Brent is always telling me that my shape is getting skinnier when I work out and muscle weighs more than fat but I still need the scale to show me the love to be happy. Go figure!