CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

Kyara has been getting notices from the schools she applied to. She has been accepted to Northern Arizona University with a partial scholarship, University of Pacific with a partial scholarship, BYU Idaho, and now BYU Provo! She hasn't heard back yet from UCSD. We're very excited for her! It's nice that she has so many choices.

Fortunately, she's not going to keep us in suspense. She fasted today and decided BYU Provo was where she should be going! Yay! I, of course, am beyond thrilled that she chose my alma mater. I had such a fun time going there -- especially my freshman year. I know it is a different experience for everyone, but I really hope she is able to enjoy a lot of the things I did back in the day.

Kyara ran into so many obstacles just to get her application in on time. I'm so grateful to everyone who helped her through the rough patches and encouraged her to go in this direction.

I'm so proud of my girl! Go, Kyara! Go, Cougars!

10 comments:

Danya said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay provo! My sister is going to school out in provo right now. She should totally look her up when she goes out there!

SG said...

YES!!!!! I'm so happy for you. When do you start? CONGRATS!

Ginger said...

Fantastic! That's great! I think Kyara made the right choice. She will do wonderful there and she will have many great experiences.

Bodell Family said...

Awesome!! Congratulations! Have fun and FINISH school before you get married!!! That's the only sound adivce that I could give to anyone! Or at least finish before you have kids. Stelring and I are both in school right now and it's not the easiest!! I know it's a while out yet but still.....

sherry said...

I am sure you are just bursting with pride. I don't even know her and I am excited for her;) There are always obstacles to doing the right thing. YOu must have one sweet, smart cookie on your hands. Congrats!

The Northwest Bunch said...

I can not believe she is old enough to be making this decision. That is a fabulous school. Emily is already there as well as Ashley. What a fabulous time in her life.

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

Congratulations Kyara! You are making me feel really old though. If it happened this fast with you, that means it is going to go even faster with my own kids. You will do fantastic there.

DANI KYNASTON said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for her. I still can't help but remember her as just a little thing with her cheeks stuffed like a chipmunk with fries. Time goes by so quick!!!

Ryan Goulding said...

Congratulations!! That is great news. I met the love of my life at BYU and got a degree while I was there. It is ok to leave Provo without a husband, but NOT without a degree!

Sorry, that sounded preachy. :)

Juli said...

How exciting! Cassia, Emilie, Ashley, and now Kyara! It has been great for my girls. i hope it is great for Kyara! Congratulations! I love you.