CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

Gavin's Lost Tooth


Well, the last of my bunch has lost his first tooth! Hooray, Gavin! He didn't even know it was loose. He was just sitting there, watching TV, and it came out in his hand. No fuss, no drama. Just wrapped it up and put it under his pillow. And here is my latest toothless wonder!

Gabe is starting to wonder about the tooth fairy. He's curious, he says, because some of his friends are getting $1-$2 a tooth, and we're only getting 50 cents. Hmmm. Should I tell him it's because he doesn't brush his teeth enough, so that's all they are worth?

7 comments:

SG said...

OH MY GOSH SHELLI!! We are having this same problem! Some kid here got $5 for her tooth. WHAT??? No way, our tooth fairy gives out $0.50 too so woooohooooo. I'll have to pass that info on to Megan and she'll feel a lot better about the whole thing.

Very cute Gavin, congrats!

The Northwest Bunch said...

The tooth fairy had to adjust her cost of living due to the economy but we have always given $1. I have always told the kids that the tooth fairy gives what she can. We never know what she will leave but we should be grateful or the tooth fairy will not return. Maybe this is mean but I can afford $5 per tooth. Whatever parent started this trend should be ashamed!!!

sherry said...

It is kind of fitting that he lost his first tooth right after Halloween;)

Danya said...

My parents always told me I got less because I picked the worst times to loose my teeth. See, lots of kids loose their teeth around Hollidays because of the bad food/candy so she has more teeth to pay for and less money. So I always tried to loose my teeth in like May, lol.

Ginger said...

I only got a dime for my tooth. But I know I got the real tooth fairy because she dropped the tooth in the magic wishing well and a dime came up for her to hurry back and put under the pillow. Any more than that is from a fake tooth fairy.

DANI KYNASTON said...

I thought that I was spoiling my kids with a buck! It is amazing how much money some kids get. I just comfort myself by telling myself that they are raising brats by doing stuff like that.

Vidal's Nest said...

No fuss, no drama..that is Gavin in a nutshell!
Crazy he is your last!
$1.00 wow! Times have changed!