CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Take a Moment to Celebrate History in the Making

I voted for McCain. I know it was a symbolic vote, but I had to vote my conscience. I am very worried about where Barack Obama will take this country. I'm worried about taxes on my fledgling business. I'm worried about the next Supreme Court justices. I'm worried about big government and wimpy foreign policy and higher taxes and an abortion free for all. What an interesting four years this will be.

BUT -- I am taking the next 77 days until Barack Obama actually takes office to celebrate this amazing moment in history! From slavery, to the civil rights movement, to this moment -- it is really breathtaking. Martin Luther King's dream -- that some day, every child in America could grow up to be whatever he or she wanted to be -- has finally come true.

I love this country!

2 comments:

DANI KYNASTON said...

I have such mixed feelings about this. I am so glad that a black man is president but I am sickened by his positions on very important issues. I cannot imagine what it must be like for mothers of color today to look at their kids and say "See it is possible." I just hope it is not at too great a cost.

Vidal's Nest said...

I have been so sad today but Tony said these exact things. We need to take a moment to be grateful for how far this country has come.
I can't imagine as a African American what hope this must give them and I think that is very important.
I just pray that the amount of damage will be minimal in four years!