CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Click to play Thanksgiving 2008
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook


What a wonderful Thanksgiving we had! Our family went to Mom and Dad's. Mike and his kids were there. Suzann and Eberly couldn't make it because Eb was sick, bless her heart! Mom made it up to her by sending home a cheesecake.

The decor was excellent. Mom has such a flair for that sort of thing! It always makes us feel special that she would set the tables so pretty just for us -- even the kids! Nobody broke any dishes, either.

The food was absolutely perfect! Dad's turkey was moist and delicious, as always. He cooks the best turkey, and he doesn't have to fry it to keep it from drying out. Mom's rolls were spectacular, as you can see. The boys loved the pistachio salad. All the side dishes were tasty. I didn't overeat during dinner, so I splurged on the pie. I had a piece each of the cheesecake and the pumpkin pie. Both were fantastic! Be jealous. Be very, very jealous.

I love the conversations we have as a family. We talked about everything from the prophets and temples to sex change operations. Mike had some hairy stories about his cop adventures. We learned what happens when the Relief Society president uses a bad word at a church function. As usual, Mom and Dad filled us in on how all my other siblings and their families are doing -- loaded with bragging and pride, of course! And there was lots of laughing, too.

My girls and husband did most of the clean up afterwards. I appreciate that so much, and I know Mom does, too. Rom loves doing it -- it's his way of saying "thank you" for all my parents do.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Jim Proffitt said...

It WAS indeed a great day!!!

Danya said...

HA that little flip book was so awesome! It looks like you had a way fun Thanksgiving. I'm glad, you deserve it!

kristifritzel said...

I am sooooooo jealous. I had a great dinner with family...... notice I left out great food. I miss Dad's turkey and Moms rolls! But, WHAT was Rom doing with a bag of chips? On Thanksgiving? BLASPHEMY!

sherry said...

What a fun family you have. I would love to have ben a fly on the wall. Aunt Ginger made such a great spread. I think it is so funny that you guys make pistachio salad! It is my favorite new Thanksgiving food that we inherited from my husband's side of the family. Yum!

DANI KYNASTON said...

How fun to all get together. Brent wanted to go to Cracker Barrel for dinner but I told him Proffitt women don't slack on Thanksgiving! I do miss the pistachio salad. I love it but nobody else eats it, so I have just stopped making it. Sad!