CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Help! Recipes Needed!

I'm ready to start my all-inclusive wellness plan. That means that I need to put together a menu of healthy, really easy to prepare meals. Here's where I'm stuck! I've been throwing together frozen and prepared meals for so long, I don't have any good dinner recipes! Does anyone have any family favorites that are easy to prepare and good for you? I'm looking for chicken and fish and beans and lots of vegetables. I love to experiment, so unusual dishes are welcome.

Now, I know some of you are currently or have been dieting -- South Beach, The Zone, Weight Watchers. If you've found some favorite recipes, please share!

Either post them here as a comment, or submit them on my website "Chronic Fatigue Community." Then, I'll post them all on my recipe blog, "The Flagging Chef." Thanks for helping!!!

4 comments:

SG said...

Hi Shelli, here's a good one. My kids love Shari's bruchetta. She's got the whole snazzy pannini (spelling?)maker but I don't so here's what I do.

Buy a bagette from the bakery section. They usually sell them in white or wheat. Slice the whole thing in 1/2 inch thick pieces at an angle. Spread a little butter or olive oil on each piece. Toast them on the stove in a frying pan. Turn them over and toast the non-oiled/buttered side as well. Then rub a clove of garlic over the top. Just rubbing it gets enough off to give it lots of flavor. Chop up on-the-vine tomatoes and fresh basil leaves and mix with a little olive oil, salt and paper. Put that on top of your hot bread slices and enjoy. My kids eat this ALLLLL the time. It's really healthy and delicious!

Dan and Jan said...

Kraft puts out a free monthly magazine that has lots of good ideas and simple recipes. It's called Food and Family, and it is also available online. Last week I made this http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/creamy-chicken-skillet-stuffing-111680.aspx for dinner (I changed the recipe and used cream of celery soup and canned vegetables). ALL my kids ate it. Amazing. Good Luck!

Lynda said...

Hi Shelli...
the cold I've been fighting and I thought winning just won. I am streaming from my nose and eyes and can't breathe.
I think you've got a great idea here, and over the next few days I'll try to think of some of our favorites and post them for you. One comes to mind quickly... it's spicy black beans... quick and easy and yummy. But I have to find the recipe...
Will post several soon!
Love you!

Vidal's Nest said...

I'm not feeling good but I will take a look in a day or two at a book of mine and give them to you!