CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thank You, California!

Although officially, Prop. 8 is too close to call (they are waiting until all the mail in and provisional ballots have been counted), it looks like the amendment has passed! I can tolerate same-sex couples, but I am not being forced to condone their behavior. I don't have to worry about what kids are being taught in school. I don't have to worry about lawsuits against our church. My freedom of speech and religion will remain intact -- and it didn't cost same-sex couples one single actual right.

Congratulations to all who put in hours of work in one of the biggest grass-roots efforts ever! It has been worth it. It's amazing to be a part of history.

3 comments:

SG said...

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for doing your part. We were pretty useless here in Canada and would have so loved to help out down there but it is what it is. Anyhow, thanks for your hard work in protecting not only your family but all of ours as well. You guys are fantastic!

DANI KYNASTON said...

Yea!! I think this was a nasty race and I am sickened by all the hatred it has stirred up against people with traditional values. We really are in a war. I feel so blessed when I read the Book of Mormon to know it has so much to offer me to help with raising kids in this world today.

Vidal's Nest said...

Here!Here!
I agree! We are thrilled that prop 102 also passed. We live in a sick scary time!