CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Day of Reckoning

So, Rom and I detoxed for one week, and we've been counting calories and eating healthy for one week. I've watched enough "Biggest Loser" to not be discouraged by my results today. I did not gain or lose weight this week. But, considering you typically put back on a pound or two after a juice detox and week 2 is notoriously a plateau, I'm feeling pretty good about our direction!

Lynda made a comment about my BMI not looking too bad -- Yep, it's pretty good, but it doesn't tell the whole story. Once my CFS hit, I made a common mistake of trying to keep up with my normal exercise routines ... which led to major crashes ... which led to no exercise at all ... which led to 33% body fat and several inches gained around my mid-section (the danger zone), hips and thighs. So, I'm actually trying to eke my way back into shape and change the fat to muscle. This week, I've lost a total of one inch in those problem areas, so I'm feeling like I'm on track!!!

By the way, ladies, belly dancing is so fun! The moves are surprisingly pretty simple, and you feel so sexy! I highly recommend it for anyone hating exercise in general.

I wanted to throw out one more item to add to your New Year's resolutions -- Pamper yourself!!! This is especially for you new moms and preggos out there. Do something NICE for yourself everyday! Here's a favorite of mine -- I bought a big, fluffy spa towel, and before I get in the shower, I throw it in the dryer for 5-10 minutes. Then, when I get out of the shower, it is still warm and cozy! It feels so good! My other favorite -- fuzzy socks! They feel so soft on my feet, it's like I'm walking on air all day long. Love it!

Are you on track? How did you do with your resolutions this week? Do you have any good pampering ideas? I'd love to hear about it!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

oh yeah you gotta love the fuzzy socks!!

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Mike and I are changing "our ways" too. So far so great! I have lost 7 pounds in 1 week and Mike has lost even more than that. We will be showing before and after pictures on our blog when we are done with our program. It is a 90 day program. Wishes to you guys that it continues to go well.

Lynda said...

Don't you hate it that when you gain weight it doesn't go where you want, but where you don't want! At my age, we get the flapping arms too! LOL
Doing okay... not spectacular. Down a couple of pounds. But back has been out so no exercise... at all.
But I am hopeful. THINK I have my mind set.
Encouragement... Hmmm... be sure SOMEONE (not necessarily you!) shops and has lots of healthy things in the house to eat. If you just have fruit and veggies and good clean protein, that will be what you snack on.
Oh, the other thing that works really, really well for me is to eat every 2 to 3 hours. I am WEARING a timer so I don't forget. It keeps your insulin levels more stable, and even though you've cut back on portions, you don't get hungry.
A really, really good snack that doesn't feel "diet" is celery sticks with either low fat peanut butter or Laughing Cow cheese on it. Yummy!
And good on you, Suzann and Mike. We'll have to do "before and after" photos...

DANI KYNASTON said...

I am so far behind I haven't even made any goals yet! Maybe I will after I take down the Christmas tree! Or maybe that will be my first goal - to take the tree down before Easter!