CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Funny Business

OK, you know how I said in the last post that our business appears to have turned a corner? Well, then it went up, up, up very high, and whoosh -- straight down again, and then zig zagged left and right and then up, up, up again, and we were held suspended in air, looking down from a great height, holding our breaths, and then zoom! rocketing toward the ground and certain death, and then just at the last minute, another whoosh and we just missed rock bottom and started up again...

I'm not sure if I'm going to laugh, scream, or vomit.

But, really, owning your own business is so fun!

5 comments:

Danya said...

Sounds like it but I'm not sure I could stomach it like you! You're way awesome! I'd love to have my own business someday. My Dad always dreamed of having a family diner, you know, like a Breakfast / Lunch place like Milli's. Maybe that dream will come true someday!

SG said...

Your description was very funny in light of the whole roller coaster deal. I'm not a huge fan of coasters so I completely got your view point. Good luck with the business. I bet it's hard work but rewarding in the end as well.

Vidal's Nest said...

Not sure I would like that kind of ride!
I hope this year it is a very prosperous one for your business.

Ginger said...

It is so scary, you feel like you have no control, because you don't. But if you can make it in these times, you will be able to make it in any condition. Hang in there and try not to let it affect you too much.

Lynda said...

Having your own business is so much fun. The great years are good, but you work long hours. The bust years are bad and you work long hours.
BUT, you don't have to listen to anyone else telling you what to do and how to do it. Kinda fun, kinda scary, but in the long run, it's well worth the roller coaster ride. In my opinion, anyway.
Just one quick word of advice from someone who's been on the roller coaster going on 30 year. Don't SPEND when it's good. SAVE for when it's not so good. And you'll be just fine.