CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Poem for Danya

Mom posted this poem for Lauri, and I thought it was beautiful. My friend, Danya, has the opposite problem as Lauri -- health issues that keep her from having babies, so she's started the road to adoption. I think this poem is just as perfect for her (with some modifications) as the rest of us!

Investment
How enviously
I watched
The rose bush
Bear her bud-
Such an easy,
Lovely birth.
And
At that moment
I wished
The sweet myth
Were true -
That I could Pluck you,
My child,
From some
Green vine.

But now
As you breathe,
Through flesh
That was mine
(Gently in the
Small circle
Of my arms),
I see
The wisdom
of investment.

The easy gift
Is easy to forget
But what is bought
With coin of pain-
Is dearly kept.

Carol Lynn Pearson

2 comments:

SG said...

Wow Shelli, that is a beautiful poem Thanks so much!

Danya said...

Thank you Shelli! I love it. I'm totally going to repost it.