CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mission: A Healthy New Year!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it is this: Have a healthy New Year!

There are many ways to accomplish your mission. Diet, exercise, sleep, stress, simplifying, giving, and organizing -- all can add up to a happier, healthier you! A lot of us have been plagued with health issues, and we know something has to change! Climb on board, and we can do it together now.

Choose a goal, and comment to let me know what you want to work on. I'll share my goals with you, too. I'll post my progress and let you know how I'm doing, and we can support each other.

I'm starting with exercise and eating healthy. Lynda shared a fantastic website with me for tracking calories -- Calorie Counter. I'm using this tool to keep a food diary. Also, I've done a menu for this week. I'm eating Baked Pesto Chicken, Herb Roasted Winter Veggies over orzo pasta, Skinny Tortilla Soup, Baked Salmon with Tomatoes and Spinach, and Aloo Gobi. That leaves two days for leftovers or eating out. All the recipes can be found on my recipe blog, The Flagging Chef. And how's that for amazing linking all in one paragraph!

For exercising, I am increasing my yoga incrementally, and I have begun belly dancing! You all know what that means, don't you? Once I can put together a routine, I will have the kids video tape me belly dancing, and I will post it here! I strongly recommend keeping bamboo skewers on hand in case you feel the need to poke your eyes out after.

To help with my chronic fatigue, I will also continue my pacing (which, by the way, is fantastic for simplifying your life even if you don't have chronic fatigue!), improve my sleep habits, and work on stress reduction, too.

5 comments:

sherry said...

Get crackin' Shelli, I can't wait for that vid!

Danya said...

I need to join the band wagon and loose some of this belly fat. I am one of those people that needs baby steps though. I think I'm going to start cutting soda out of my diet completely and hopefully I can drop some pounds thatta way.

Ginger said...

Is the belly shake the same as belly dancing? I am very good at the shake. I think these are great goals. I need to follow your example, but my head isn't there yet. Stay with it, you will do great!

Juli said...

I'm with you girl! I started doing yoga stretches and some light hand weights. Yay, for healthier!

Lynda said...

I"m in. Healthy and happy are on my list for this year fer sure!
I'm starting the eating healthier, and by the way, the pesto chicken looks fabulous! Need to just do baby steps. I did walk last Sunday. Then work got in the way. Will walk agan tomorrow. I'm also trying to find some time for me to do what I want. That'll help the stress levels.
But if the BMI checker on your blog is really where you are now, your BMI is lower than mine at "my best" already...LOL
Love you and we can do this together!