CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Top 10 Signs It's Going to Be a Good 2009

10. After my detox, I am now once again under my top pregnancy weight.

9. During Christmas vacation, the kids were giggly and happy and played well together and did not devolve into this:



8. Our new business appears to have turned a corner.

7. I, unlike 3 of my sister/sisters-in law, did not have a baby (more power to you, sistas!).

6. Johnette the angel has volunteered to wake Kyara up for seminary every morning for me, so I can recuperate better.

5. Romers is back into water polo to take the edge off his hyperness.

4. All right, let's be honest -- all the kids are back at school, which leaves me with some happy quiet mornings.

3. I spent the end of the year with Rom in San Diego in a glorious torpor where my every whim and fancy was indulged to perfection.

2. I went to the best New Year's Eve party EVER! (Check out Danya's blog -- it has some fantastic videos, especially Shandee's karaoke and Tara's "Eye of the Tiger.")

1. Hey -- I survived 2008, didn't I?

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I agree with you, surviving 2008 is a major accomplishment. I also think 2009 is going to be a good year. Onward and Upward!

Vidal's Nest said...

Sounds like you are off to a good start already!
I survived too...barely!

SG said...

Shelli, you are one funny girl! I love the recap and please people, DON'T go to Danya's blog. I will never be able to live that song/dance down in my entire life! My political career (there really wasn't one) is now officially ruined. BUT, that party DID rock and we were so glad that you guys came . . . as always!

Oh, and you forgot to tell the part about how you gave the best Relief Society lesson EVER during that break.

Danya said...

Sounds like a bomb year to me! I was thrilled my blog got the official Shelli shout out! Whoooo! I'll be famous for sure now! Yes!