CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

CBEST - or at least CNOT-SO-BAD

As many of you know, I took the CBEST (California Board of Education Standards Test, I think) a few weeks ago. Yesterday, I got my test scores back, and I passed! There are three parts to the test -- reading, math, and writing. They score you from 1-80 on each section. A score of 41 is passing per section, or a total of 123 (although, my question is, who are those people, and why do we want them to teach our children?). I passed all three sections, and my overall score was 198 -- not bad!

So, what does that mean? It means that I can now go down and apply at the district to be a substitute teacher! Substitute teaching is very flexible -- I can choose when and where I want to work. Also, it will give me a taste for teaching and let me decide if this is something I may want to do on a more permanent basis.

Now, for those of you who think I'm crazy, because after 17 years of kids, kids, kids, I finally have the house all to myself, so why would I mess with a good thing -- the district's hiring process is a little lengthy. Maybe by the time I'm cleared, I'll be a little stir crazy and ready to get out a little more. And if I hate it, I never have to go back!

5 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

It's perfect cause you can work while your kids are at school, you can choose to to accept the day they want you to work so you will still have freedom on the days you want it! I think it is a great idea!

Ginger said...

Congrats! It's nice to have options, you never know what you will want to do. Just don't jump in too soon. Enjoy your time alone.

Ana said...

Woo Mom!! I'm so happy for you! That's so awesome!

SG said...

So true, so true. It took about 4 months for my stuff to go through so that takes you just about right after Christmas . . . perfect timing. Enjoy and remember that you REALLY can say "no." I forgot that a few times and kicked myself.

DANI KYNASTON said...

Congratulations! I love the idea of taking a job and having a little play money that I would hog all to myself. :-) It is nice being told that you are smart sometimes, too.