CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Quality #5 - Happiness

From Suze Orman's Women and Money.

Happiness is a state of well-being and contentment.

When you find the courage to live your life in harmony and balance, when you understand and practice generosity in the truest sense, happiness spontaneously appears. You are open and accessible; you tend to be more optimistic. You approach new challenges with a clear mind that seeks positive solutions. You see possibilities rather than problems.

If you are not happy, then I would ask you to try to find the place in your life where there is discord and not harmony. Then, find the courage to change.

This is such a good exercise! As women, and especially as moms, we sometimes get pulled in a million different directions and we get caught up in pleasing the ones we love. Sometimes we lose ourselves in all the mayhem. It is wonderful to sit down in a quiet place, write down your feelings, and discover where you're out of balance. Just being armed with clarity brings a sense of peace and direction.

2 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

I realy like this and can totally relate to it.
I have actually decided to go to LDS family services for some counseling. I need a little something to help get me over the hump until the meds kick in. Hard as a mom to take the time to take care of myself but I think I need it!

DANI KYNASTON said...

I find that the more that I get perspective, the happier I am. I think that my mission helped me a lot. To see how people lived in other parts of the world really humbled me. I am so grateful to have so much - spiritual, physical, emotional.