CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Book Club


One of my favorite all time activities is my book club! Once a month, some of the ladies from my ward at church get together to discuss a book we've read. First of all, I love having permission to take the time for myself to read! Second, I love the different books that have been chosen over the months. Some of the books I've loved the most I would never have chosen for myself. Third, I love the different insights I get from the women. We have such fun and intellectual discussions! Imagine, a mom getting to use her brain! Finally, I just love these women, and I love being with them and chatting with them about everything else besides the book.

So, I'm inviting all of you to join in the fun! Right now, we are reading An American Tragedy, by Theodore Dreiser. We chose something a little more challenging to last the summer. We're going to get together once in July and discuss what we've read so far; then, we'll meet again in September to wrap it up. I'll post some of the comments from the book club after we meet. If you want to join in, read the book, and post some comments of your own! I'd love to hear your insights, as well.

2 comments:

DANI KYNASTON said...

I would love to read this but I have a problem! I get obsessive about books. I can hardly put one down if I am reading. I will ignore my family for a day or two and just totally wipe out a book. Unfortunately, at 880 pages, there is no way I could let my family hang in the wind for that long. How fun for you though! Let me know if you like it. I will have to put it on my future reading list. Right now I only read fluff. Scary!

Vidal's Nest said...

I am not sure if it is a hard read if I can stay focused long enough!
Maybe I'll give it a try and let you know!