CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

The Closer!

Many of you know that Rom and I opened our own mattress store a couple of months ago. Rom is the master salesman, and I'm the behind the scenes operations gal. Well, Rom went with the young men last week on their High Adventure trip down the Colorado River, and I had the scary privilege of watching the store while he was gone. Now, we have a lousy location (we're moving to a better location this week), so it's not like I had a lot of customers. But, apparently, people smelled my fear, and I actually attracted more customers than Rom usually gets in the store. Unfortunately, Rom forgot to relay some important information like how much the frames and headboards cost, so I might have missed those sales. But ... I got my first sale ever! Harold Dixon, retired and volunteering at the Thrift Store two doors down, had come in to see Rom a few times. He decided it was time to pull the trigger. I landed him on the right bed, gave him a $50 discount, and CLOSED the deal! He was a sweetheart and let me take a picture of him. He said we could use it in our advertising. So, we got a picture of Rom's first customers, and now we have a picture of mine! Yeah, I rock!

Click to play Our New Store
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

sherry said...

Congrats on your first sale! It must have been disconcerting to be all by yourself without all of the info you needed. Now you know you can do anything! I hope you love your new location and things work out well with your new business. And I love your family mission statement, by the way. I wonder if I can get my kids to cooperate and come up with one. If we get it together, I will post it on my blog.

DANI KYNASTON said...

WhooHoo! Congratulations. Make sure you get a big commission off of it! Looks like it is time for a manicure.

Vidal's Nest said...

WOOOHOOO! good job! What a cute old man too!