CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Gabe is a Cub Scout

Now that Gabe is eight, he is a Cub Scout! He had his first meeting on Wednesday. I was looking all over for Romney's old uniform, and I couldn't find it before the meeting. I finally found it while he was gone, so as soon as he got home, he put it on, and I couldn't get him out of it for two days! He is so excited about being a Cub Scout. He told me that he had to put his hand over his heart to say the pledge of allegiance last time, but this next time, he'll get to salute! Also, he told me that being a Cub Scout is kind of like "being in the military for kids." Too cute!

2 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

He is growing up so fast! It is strange to feel as if my nieces and nephews are growing up faster than I can keep track of!
He looks cute in his uniform! Does it give your heart a little tug that he is getting older? Wow, baptism and scouts all at once! Fun for him.

Ginger said...

Oh, I don't envy you! You will probably be called to be the den mother. Remind me to tell you about when I was a den mother. I am still scarred.