CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Puzzle Me This


We have a new summer hobby -- puzzles! Gabe had a puzzle day during the last week of school, and I had a couple of puzzles I let him take. They were sitting out, so we started doing the puzzles. They were 100 pieces, and we finished them pretty easily. Then, I had a 500 piece puzzle that I had bought at the 99 Cent store. We got started on that one. It was very cool -- I laid out the pieces on our living room table. While I was working, Kyara drifted in and sat by me and added a few pieces. Then, Ana and the others drifted in and out from time to time, adding a little bit here and there. Well, the 500 piece puzzle was a beast! All of the pieces were exactly the same shape, so it was really easy to put the wrong piece in the wrong place. The worst was when we got down to nothing but green -- that took two or three days alone! Once we finished the puzzle, we cheered our accomplishment, and Ana said, "You have to put it on the blog!" So, here's our finished puzzle. And, I went out and bought a 10-pack of puzzles (100, 300, and 500) that we're working through. We are saving the zebra puzzle for last -- if we make it through that one, I'll post our triumph!

4 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

I love doing puzzles. What a fun idea to have it out for every one to work on!
Tell ana thanks for thinking of posting it. It is a fun idea to hear about. I should start us one too!

sherry said...

That is such a great idea if you have the room for it. You can have such fabulous family conversations when you are all sitting around that kind of relaxed setting! Now, where can I set up a puzzle...;)

DANI KYNASTON said...

How fun! It is so nice to do things as a family that are fun but still. No running, jumping, TV watching, etc. We might need to try this one out!

Ana said...

Those puzzles are very fun but challenging. That 504 piece puzzle was the hardest!
imagine how hard the 1000 piece puzzle will be! Whew that'll be hard!