CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kyara's First Job

Click to play Kyara's First Job
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

Kyara has needed a job for some time now. But, with the demands of school, she never got out there to do some serious job hunting. And after school got out, she was enjoying a little respite, so again she didn't really hit the pavement. Just about a week ago, Rom jokingly commented that Kyara would get a job when one came looking for her.

Well, last week, a job finally came looking for her! She babysits for a family in our ward. The husband was impressed with her, so he put in a good word for her with the Miners, a family here in town that owns the Dairy Queen. He set up an interview for her, but when she arrived, the owner was out of town. He then called her and asked her to bring in her social security card, and he'd put her on the schedule. She got her food handler's card Monday, and he put her right to work! She's worked two shifts so far. And, she was so embarrassed when I insisted on taking her picture outside of work. I wanted to take a picture with her behind the counter, but that was too much. Compromise!

She's a great worker, and I know this will be a good experience for her. Congratulations, Kyara!

4 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

Awsome that you made her let you take a pic! I think that's one of the things I love about blogging is that I am looking for opportunities to take photos of my family where before I was horrid about it!
It captures the things I want to remember!
Way to go Kyara! Now can you talk to Zach and tell him getting a job is so cool, he should try it?

Ana said...

I wish I could work at someplace like that! Yummmm. You're so lucky you get to work at DQ! Sounds fun and delicious.

Ginger said...

You go Kyara! I can't think of a better place to work! Do you get free ice cream? Hope so....But be careful - remember the family thighs! That's one birthright you want to avoid.

Amanda said...

That's awesome!! Congrats Kyara! My first job was Dariy Queen also and I loved it.