CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Two Workers


"I heard a story about two workers who were approached by a reporter. The reporter asked the first worker, 'What are you doing?' His response was to complain that he was virtually a slave, an underpaid bricklayer who spent his days wasting his time, placing bricks on top of one another.

"The reporter asked the second worker the same question. His response, however, was quite different. 'I'm the luckiest person in the world,' he said. 'I get to be a part of important and beautiful pieces of architecture. I help turn simple pieces of brick into exquisite masterpieces.'

"They were both right.

"If you look for the extraordinary in the ordinary, you can train yourself to see it. This bricklayer sees cathedrals within pieces of brick. The question is, can you?"
Richard Carlson, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff...and it's all small stuff!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Holy moly!! That gave me goose bumps, what a great way to look at things.

Ana said...

Interesting..... very interesting.

Vidal's Nest said...

Good story! Love Ana commenting on everything! She is crackin me up! Tell her I always love it when I have a comment from here!