CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Taco Salad

Anneli's birthday was Sunday, and for her birthday dinner, she chose taco salad. We also had the missionaries over for dinner that night. Now, usually, I make this recipe, and it is way too much -- I end up throwing away half of it, because it never tastes good the next day. So, this time I thought I'd play it smart. I followed the recipe, but I only assembled half of it, thinking the kids would be thrilled to have taco salad again in a few days. Did I mention we had missionaries over for dinner? When the taco salad was gone, they had sad, forlorn faces. I told them I could throw together another batch in just a couple of minutes. They sheepishly asked, "Would you mind?" They made a huge dent in the second salad, too! Long live the old family favorite!

Click to play Taco Salad
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

5 comments:

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

My kids LOVE taco salad too. In fact Eberly is convinced that we should have a restaurant that serves Grammy's "famous" taco salad!

Amanda said...

pThis my favorite taco salad to, what you could do to make the left overs still taste good the next day and the next and the next is to not add the sauce or chips into the mix but have each family member do it their selves when their making their plate. that's what we do and the mix still tastes good the next day cuz' the sauce isn't making everything mushy in the fridge

Vidal's Nest said...

Ahhh Taco Salad...the food of gods!

Ginger said...

Amanda's tip is a good one. I always have left overs. The onion should be red. And the portions don't seem to matter. More of some things, less of others, it's always good.

DANI KYNASTON said...

I am so bad, the only time we ever eat it is at Mom's. My kids love it, though so I really need to do it more often. Simply child abuse!