CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gabe's Baptism

Gabriel Teancum Howells was baptized Saturday, July 5, 2008. Of course, our whole family was there, as well as Grandma and Grandpa Proffitt, the Romerils, the Bradshaws, the Davises, the Morgans, the Grays, and Bishop Lunt. Also, Gabriel's friend Sam was baptized the same day, so his family was there. Gabriel felt really happy and he loved getting baptized by his dad. He was pleased and surprised to get a special journal from Sister Davis and Baskin Robbins gift card from the Bradshaws. He was excited about getting his new scriptures.

I've been to many baptisms. I have five children now who have been baptized. I've served a mission in France and seen many baptisms there. I've served in the primary all my adult life, so I've been to many child baptisms as well. I love the spirit each and every time. And, Gabe's baptism was so amazing. He was a little nervous, and his embarrassed glance up at the audience was priceless. As Rom performed that simple ordinance, I felt Heavenly Father's love and pleasure so much! Gabe has been so ready for this. He is such a good boy. I felt like getting baptized for him was less about washing away sins than it was about preparing him for the gift of the Holy Ghost. Now, he has that gift, and Heavenly Father can bless him more than ever before. I love that boy!

Click to play Gabe's Baptism
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Ginger said...

What a great experience that was. So glad to have been there. We are very proud of Gabe.

Ana said...

I'm so glad Gabe is now eight! He's such a good brother. Sometimes I wish I could get baptized again because of how fun it was. And I'd be perfect all over again!

Shelli said...

I think Ana is perfect anyway!

Ana said...

Aaah, thanks Mom! I like the feeling, too. But it was cold!