CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thoughts on Courage

I was thinking about the quality of courage, and I got a lot of good comments about it. It got me thinking. I realized that the opposite of courage is not fear, but gossip! How many people do you know who are always complaining about their spouse or someone who has done something to upset them? Instead of addressing the problem, they run it by everyone else trying to get sympathy. You think they are asking for advice, but they never act on anything you suggest. I've noticed that with my kids when I catch them gossiping -- it's usually because someone made them mad, but they don't have the skills to talk it out. It makes for good parenting moments.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love gossip, that's what I miss the most now that I'm not working. Office gossip is the best. And I KNOW I shouldn't but I can't help it. I do know that when I complain and someone gives me advice I think about it and see if it would be a good one for me and my situation. I don't like to complain but it feels good sometimes. What can I say? I'm a gossip hound.

Vidal's Nest said...

I think I am probably the opposite of Amanda.
I have been hurt tremendously by someone I thought was my best friend in Utah so I hate gosip now.I try to avoid it by thinking how would I feel if someone was saying this about me?
Don't get me wrong, I find myself starting to do it, but I try hard not to.